THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

acid reflux, skin tags and banana splits...

I'm in the home stretch. This week I enter my last trimester. All in all I'd have to say that this is the happiest I have ever been in my entire life. Despite the fact that (right on schedule) my uterus is crushing my stomach, causing all day acid reflux, I am overdosing on "smoothie" Tums all day, which is a joke, they taste nothing like a smoothie - more like astronaut ice cream gone wrong, and despite the fact that I found a freakishly long hair growing out of my forehead-- which begs the question - why haven't any of my friends, family or husband pointed it out to me?? Its not like it sprouted overnight, it was practically an inch long - I mean come on people, throw me a bone. And despite the fact that I found a rather disturbing "skin tag" (most certainly another side effect of pregnancy) on my chest, and despite the fact that my left foot is so swollen it resembles a loaf of sour dough bread... Despite all of that - I am the happiest woman alive.

Today - 27 weeks and 5 days into my pregnancy I finally caved and stopped at Cold Stone Creamery this afternoon for lunch. That's right, I had a banana split for lunch. I blame banana splits for at least 14 of the pounds that I gained with Isabelle, the banana split was a bi-weekly staple in my diet. I felt like I deserved the 1,376 calories per serving as I'd successfully quit smoking and had to give up Sangria with the girls... This time around I pledged to behave and today - I just couldn't take it anymore. So, as I was driving back to work from the bank I saw the blinking neon sign (not really blinking, nor neon - but It called out for me - it sounded something like "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh" as it came into focus with blinding angelic white lights) I floored the Odyssey with my swollen bread loaf and quickly crossed over 3 lanes of traffic going 65 miles per hour on US 19 and swerved into the Cold Stone parking lot. It was wonderful. I enjoyed my 1/2 scoop chocolate and 1/2 scoop vanilla with 1/2 a banana, rainbow sprinkles, 4 saucy strawberries, and fudge drizzle. It was heavenly.

0 comments: